We have a registration system for volunteers who are willing to work with their interests and areas of expertise. We will introduce you to volunteers who are willing to take part in our activities upon request. Any nationality is welcome.
Volunteer Bank Flyer
Types of volunteers
A person who can interpret/translate at conversational level and above.
- Cultural Leader
A person who can introduce foreign cultures.
・Foreign cultures, such as ethnic dance and food.
・Japanese culture, such as Japanese calligraphy and tea ceremonies.
- Foreign Language /Japanese Teacher
A person who can teach foreign languages or Japanese.
- Activity support volunteers (Japanese supporters/hosting students/international relationship activities)
A person who can assist Japanese classes held by our association.
No language requirements
Volunteer for hosting students
A person who can accept foreign students through our homestay program.
No need to be fluent in the language
Volunteer for International relationship activities.
A person who can help at events and join in our activities.
No language requirements
How to apply
Fill out the “Volunteer Bank Registration form” application form as well as your preferred category application, and send it to us via FAX, E-mail, post or in person. (You can make applications for multiple volunteer categories)
Those under 18 years of age need permission from a guardian.
Volunteer Bank Registration Form 【Japanese】【English】
Category of Volunteers
- Cultural Leader 【Japanese】【English】
- Foreign language/Japanese class 【Japanese】【English】
- Activity support volunteers 【Japanese】【English】
(Japanese supporters/Hosting Students/International relationship activities)
Details on registration
We will most likely contact you via e-mail when we receive a request from a client, so please provide us your e-mail address. We’d prefer an address that isn’t a mobile e-mail address as we may also need to attach documents (Ex: PDF files)
If you want to write your mobile e-mail address, set your phone to accept emails from
If you don’t have an e-mail address, you must provide us with your phone number.
About introducing volunteers
We can introduce you to our registered members who can interpret/translate, be involved in local events and instruct cultural classes.
Example of a request
- In need of an interpreter at an event.
- In need of an interpreter/translator to assist applications/paper work at an admin office.
- In need of someone who can introduce Japanese culture to foreigners
- A request for foreign music performance
- I want to have workshops conducted on hospitality toward foreign guests.
- As a general rule, the expenses of gratuity/travel expenses shall be borne by the client.
- For commercial use of an interpreter/translator, please contact a private company.
- It usually takes a span of about 2 weeks to introduce a volunteer to the client.
- We may not be able to meet the client’s request of introducing a volunteer.
How to request
Fill out the application form and send it to the following via FAX, E-mail, by post or in person.